Constructing a building is a responsible task and for robust, durable and stable building,
it is necessary to use quality material i.e. concrete. While manufacturing ready mix
concrete, sand is a very crucial material for the reason of being strong. It is a basic raw
material immensely used in manufacturing concrete and construction sectors. It would
be more effective if the sand is M Sand.
More the use of M Sand, more the qualitative concrete is. For this reason, the particles
of M sand should be durable, free from gritty particles and injurious particles like dust, a
small piece of stones, a soft and flaky particles of shale, etc. For fine aggregate, the
grain size should be 4.75mm.
Before using M sand for the construction purpose, the quality of the sand should be
checked properly. The best quality of sand should not contain impurities, amalgamation
and inferior raw material. But here the question arises, how to check the quality of M
Sand. There are some tips and tricks that help the owner and engineer to check the
quality of the sand. Here are the ways-
● To check the quality of the sand, rub the sample of sand on your wet palm. The
best quality of sand will not stick on your hand whereas the sand with
amalgamation will stick on the hand.
● The second method to check the quality of the sand is – take a glass of water and
mix some quality of sand in it. Stir the mixture well and keep it aside for at least
one hour. Now check the mixture, if the sand settles down in the glass it means
the sand is completely clean but if it forms a distinct top layer or changes the
watercolor then it clearly contains silt and clay particles.
● You can also taste a pinch of sand and if tastes salty, then the salt must be
present in sand and hence it should not be used for construction purposes.
● The sand can be checked by visualization also. The size of the sand piece must
be 4.75 mm and it should be free from organic impurities such as shell, shingles,
● Above are the manual tests that can be done at the construction site only. But if
you are not satisfied with this, then you can also do laboratory tests and such
tests are recommended for big projects.
To be much worried about the constructive material is obvious. After all, building
construction consumes a huge amount of economical cost. Stona Sand is the only place
where you can find the best quality of M Sand. By producing M Sand, we feel proud to
supply eco-friendly products for construction sectors which is an ideal alternative of
natural sand and alongside saving our earth also.
For Best Quality M Sand, Contact Stona Sand – M Sand Manufacturers and suppliers in Bangalore
- How to check the quality of M-Sand without testing - May 24, 2020
- Issues arising in Construction & Engineering Contracts. - May 16, 2020
- Effect ofthe COVID-19 on M-Sand & Construction Industry. - May 13, 2020